Shop Phases To Forever

Thursday, July 7, 2011

"Honey" Mustard Grilled Chicken and Marinade

Happy July!  I hope all of you had a safe, fun and successful Phase 2 weekend.  Grills are fired up around here and I could not be happier.  Here in the Midwest we cherish our grilling months and sometimes even trudge out in the ice and snow to get a grilled steak on a warm day of 30 degrees F.  I don't want to even think about that right now!  It is 85 and sunny today, my meat is thawing and I will be making this again even in my Phase 4 status.  Get creative and add some P2 allowed veggies over top the flame for wonderful flavored sides. 


"Honey" Mustard Grilled Chicken
1/4 C sugar free- dijon mustard
1/4-1/2 tsp stevia
2 TB chicken broth or water
1 TB apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
1/4 tsp paprika
4  boneless, skinless chicken breast

Whisk together the first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.  Pour over chicken and marinade in the refrigerator for 1 hour to overnight.  When ready to cook, remove chicken and grill over medium heat for 20 minutes, until cooked through.

Phase 3/4:  Add 1/4 cup mayo, plain yogurt or oil to the marinade to add in healthy fats. 

No grill?  Try this!

Need a little excitement?  Do this!

Don't let Phase 2 get in the way of summer fun. Remember to follow Dr. Simeon's full orders and sunbathe!!!  Check Pounds and Inches, it is in there I swear.  I have that part of the protocol down no problem.....no twisting of the arm, I am out in the vitamin D richness.

Have a pound dropping rest of the week!
~Natasha




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your own recipes, ideas and modifications. I would love to hear how you have made your meal.