Shop Phases To Forever

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Braised Radishes

Good Evening!
There has been chitter chatter about radishes lately, so I tried a few. This is one of the tops, my kids liked them! This goes great with beef or any meat on protocol.  The heat of natural radishes seems to cook off and you are left with a potato cousin that is very low in calorie and very filling.  I will have a photo up later this week when I get my camera sorted out...

Braised Radishes
2 bunches radishes, about 1 pound, trimmed of tops and roots
1 C water
1/2 C chicken broth, sugar and starch free
1 TB apple cider vinegar
12-15 drops stevia
1 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 tsp onion powder
Celtic Sea Salt and pepper, to taste

Place radishes in a skillet with all other ingredients. Cover the pan and bring to a boil over high heat. Uncover the pan and reduce heat to medium. Cook radishes 20-25 minutes and or until liquid has cooked down. "Dry fry" a little bit to brown the outside if you want. 

Phase 3/4: Add 2 TB butter and 2 TB shallots, nix the onion powder. Add in a mixture of radishes like the white and black ones for a beautiful and tasty dish!



1 comment:

  1. I just use garlic, onion & chicken stock...no stevia or ACV; but mmmmm, I love 'em.

    Then on P3 try cooking them all seasoned up in BUTTER. Pretty fantastic :o)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your own recipes, ideas and modifications. I would love to hear how you have made your meal.