Shop Phases To Forever

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Green Onions while on P2 and Herb Topped Tilapia

Good Morning my friends,
There has been questions and inquires off and on about the "Should I or shouldn't I use green onions?",  "Is using green onion mixing veggies?",  "Can I use green onion with other vegetables?" 
All of these questions and concerns are great!  It lets me know you are trying to follow the Dr. Simeon's protocol and that is much better than following an adapted version.  These are valid questions so I wanted to answer and give my thoughts to you and why I do add green onion to my recipes.  I will be placing this info in the HCG Food List page here.  That is where the permanent home will be for this info and I may reference to it now and again for newcomers. 


Green Onion-  is a perennial herb growing to about 1.22 m high, with 4 to 6 hollow cylindrical leaves. On top of the long stalk, greenish-white flowers are present in the form of solitary umbels growing up to 1-inch wide. The seeds of the plant are black and angular. The underground bulb, which is used medicinally, is made up of fleshy leaf sheaths forming a thin-skinned capsule.

Should I or shouldn't I use green onion with other veggies?-  Yes you can, but never have to.  Do not ever do something if you are not comfortable with it.  Simply leave them out.
 Is green onions mixing veggies?-  No it is not mixing veggies, green onion is an herb just like basil, rosemary, thyme, oregano, mint, etc...
 Can I use green onion with other vegetables?- Yes you can!  You can use it just like you do with normal seasonings.  Now don't go overboard but you can use it like a spice.  It is not mixing vegetables and is safe per the Dr. Simeons Pounds and Inches protocol.

***Now a recipe to honor the great green onion! It has offered a refuge to my palette while on Phase 2. 

Herb Topped Tilapia
4 TB water or broth
1 TB fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped green onions, sliced
1 TB fresh parsley, chopped (1 tsp dried)
1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
4 tilapia fillets

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Measure out and cut your 3.5 ounce white fish servings. Place fillets in glass baking dish. In a small bowl, combine water, lemon, green onion, parsley, salt, and pepper. Top fillets with the seasoning mixture.  Bake fillets for 15-25 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Note: This would also be great with chicken or shrimp too.
Phase 3/4:  Replace water with butter. 
Lemons and green onions are something that you can grow in your home during the winter too!  I grow herbs all year round, I just love fresh rosemary I can never grow enough or fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your own recipes, ideas and modifications. I would love to hear how you have made your meal.