Shop Phases To Forever

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Wilted Citrus Spinach Salad

Good morning, welcome to all of the new comers!  I am so happy you have joined Phases To Forever.  Thanks for trying out the recipes, I hope you find a few favorite's to get you through like I did.  All though everything I post will be tasty, some stood out to me as staples.  Let me just highlight what was my mainstay throughout.  In no particular order, I ate many of these meals. 

My first love, so important that it inspired this whole blog.  I could not live without my Greek Chicken during or after P2. 
Asian Slaw, this baby was one of my most prized salads.  The dressing itself can be used over any lettuce and not just over shredded cabbage. 
My go to spice mix for tacos long before P2, many Taco Seasoning have sugars and starches for filler.  Not mine! Try this for full taco flavor. 
When you think you just can't drink another glass of water....Faux- Fruit Punch, so good even non- tea drinkers will love.  Also for your drinking pleasure, the Ginger Syrup made into Homemade Ginger Ale is something I still make today and long after P4.  Cold and flu season this is a must!  Your so hot now that you got pregnant?  Morning sickness cure! 
I am a chicken eater and this is fabulous when shredded into a huge pile.  It is ok to play tricks on your eyes in P2, try this Faux-tisserie Chicken made with a sugar free, starch free Homemade Seasoned Salt.

You all may have completely different favorites.  Tell me below in the comments what your go-to meals have been.  From here or not is ok.  This way you can share and get ideas from others for your next meal. 

And now onto the new recipe. This is a nice warm spinach salad that wilts into a great meal.  Beef, shrimp, chicken or fish.  Use a double batch of the dressing to cook some meat up or use leftover, either way this is a great winter side dish using the citrus that is in season. 

Wilted Citrus Spinach Salad
1/2 package of fresh baby spinach

Dressing
1 whole orange, squeeze halfway, cut up orange and place over spinach, use juice for dressing
1/4 C apple cider vinegar
1/4 C water
1/4 cups Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
10-15 drops Valencia Orange or plain stevia
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp celtic sea salt
1/8 tsp fresh cracked pepper

Wash and dry spinach. Place cleaned and dried spinach in a large bowl, add cut up orange. Heat juice of halfly squeezed orange, apple cider vinegar, water, cilantro, stevia, onion powder, salt and pepper in a large skillet over high heat. Bring to boil and pour over spinach and cut orange; toss to coat and wilt slightly. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.

Note:  Can use your 1/2 grapefruit instead of an orange, or a whole lemon and still eat a fruit.

Phase 3/4:  Replace water with grapeseed, olive or coconut oil.  Replace onion powder with chopped shallots.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your own recipes, ideas and modifications. I would love to hear how you have made your meal.